Sunday 8 February 2015

Sweet bugs

These little bugs were developed by revisiting some characters I had designed for my son's  end of year 6 function. As a good mum I took on the role of designing the place mats. I  drew a quirky body in different colours and used a photo of each student for the face. Some years later I came across them and decided to combine one of the bodies with an icon I had designed of a very stylized cicada.
The results were these little bug creatures. I like the idea that the wings are like love hearts and can be used in different ways. I find them very peaceful, a little bit odd, but generally quite likeable!

Here are three posters:

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Elizabeth, I really enjoyed designing them. I think I will do more in the series, all with different bodies and different patterns on their foreheads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little bugs!

    ReplyDelete