Wednesday 4 February 2015

Reptilicus Creatures

These creatures are drawn with black pen on A3 paper quietly in the evenings. Watching each one emerge was rather enjoyable. I was never quite sure what was going to appear but I decided I definitely enjoyed scales, horns and bulbous flabs hanging off them.

Texture is another visual I really enjoy. Especially the textures of cement and what happens to it as it ages and gets worn and weathered by the environment, it ends up with all sorts of organic drippy, grungy, mossy, overlapping, graffiti inviting deliciousness. I keep my eye out for such things when I am out for walks. So it was natural for me to see what would happen if I photographed and cropped cement images to use as backgrounds for my reptile like creatures.

Here is the result:

2 comments: