Thursday 29 January 2015


You are probably wondering why Tissywoo?


What is this name all about?

Well, years ago when I had my last landscape exhibition and my small bird canvases made their first appearance, I also popped in some different things like badges and some felt dolls that I had made. The dolls were very simple and naive with platted hair, beaded necklaces and other adornments. I thought the series needed a name tag attached to give them more substance.   I started thinking about the nick name my mum had for me when I was a little girl – Tissy Wissy Woo, (cute when I was really little, TERRIBLY embarrassing when I was a teenager, but rather cool now I am a grown up). I thought this was a bit long so shortened it to Tissywoo (I liked running it together but using colour to differentiate the two words).  When I ran it by friends for feedback they loved it.

Then a clever and creative friend of mine Fiona, who particularly loved the dolls thought they would make a great character in a story so I wrote a series that are slightly autobiographical. They are very, very simple and I submitted one to Christmas Press last year for their Christmas Annual along with an illustration and it was accepted! It was very exciting, and now I am encouraged to take the stories further.

So, I am really Tissywoo but I am also Trish Donald

I made this blog to show off all things creative that I make.



No comments:

Post a Comment