Thursday 25 June 2015

Maori Girl

When I was home in NZ at Christmas I took my children to the Otago Museum which has a fantastic antiquities section. I have always loved the Chiefs’ cloaks with their kiwi feather trim and I was delighted to show my children the history that has helped shape NZ into such a great country. This little girl is inspired by my earlier doll collection. She is drawn in Adobe Illustrator and I have used lots of layers and transparencies to give the feathers this effect. I think she is very beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. The feathers are beautiful. I also like the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. They were all drawn in illustrator with many layers of transparencies and a feather effect so that the edges were soft and feather like. I also overlaid the same shapes with outline only. There were different layers with slightly different colours to help create the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS In NZ there are little Maori dolls in traditional dress so I wanted to capture them in this drawing.

    ReplyDelete